Who: Vanessa Lengies
Why: Vanessa is a quadruple threat; she’s smart, funny, talented and gorgeous.
The GLEE guest star showed up at our studio at 8:30AM with a smile on her face and a contagious excitement about shooting with Giuliano. In between looks, Vanessa was singing, talking about Occupy LA, reminiscing about her time on “American Dreams” (the show that started her career), and laughing about how many of the facts on her IMDB page are wrong.
To set the record straight, I played a game of “True or False” with Vanessa while I read over the facts that are on her IMDB page.
- False: Her middle name is not Lynne-Marie and she has no idea why it is listed as that.
- True: She is Half-Egyptian and she does speak French and some Arabic.
- False: She does not wake up in the morning with a “Vanilla Ice Blended caffeine drink.” In fact, she’s never had one before.
But she did share some other great facts with us that are 100% true:
- Her nickname as a child was “Bones” because she wanted to be a paleontologist.
- She has a fear of tsunami tidal waves (even though she knows that tsunamis are not tidal waves).
- She loves working on GLEE and even said that she has never worked on a show before where the fans were “so kind.”
By the end of the shoot, everyone was in tears from laughing at Vanessa’s jokes that she played on Giuliano. But we were also in shock of the transformation that she had made. In just a few hours Vanessa had gone from the sweet, adorable girl we all know and love to a sexy woman that no one has ever seen before… And won’t until the photos are ready to be released.